PIA in negotiations to purchase more Boeing 777s !

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

about how much planes we are talking about? We only certainly know that
7 ATR-42-500 are confirmed. Other things seems to be rumours. Let us wait before dreaming :?
Salam to All .....Raza
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

Falcon hold on to your horses u should know that these are just rumors. dont belive it till u see it.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

You're right, I should wait until these are confirmed, my excitement got the better of me. It's just wishful thinking. Hopefully it does come true we'll find out soon enough.
pakiaviator
Banned

PIA B777 ???

Post by pakiaviator »

well first of all i would like to say that i didnt like the way the webmaster deleted my previous post regarding the question the PIA B777 issue. As far as i know there was nothing biased in the those articles. One can debate that whether they were based on facts or not, but just saying that they were biased .. well i dont understand how. Also we all know that how much PIA is in debt and that it is being run on life support from Govt. I dont know why the webmaster and other people didnt like the SAT article... is it cz they were true or .... well only time will tell ant the 777 and the new ATR deal.

Any person with common sense can have the ability to ask that how come just out of the blue PIA has became such profitable that is BUYING all these new aircrafts.......and am sure this will lead one into the truth behind this newest govermental scam ........

So much for the freedom of speech .......!
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

PIA has always done well with new aircraft, and has managed to re-pay its debt in time.

Had the government not interfered in the daily running of this commercial airline, it would have done great.

Schemes such as the golden handshake, which put the airline in debt of extra billions without generating revenue only devalued the airlines net present value.

As for additional 777, well they are needed to replace the 747-300 fleet.

I think PIA is going towards a standardization of the long haul fleet to two types, the 777 and a future A310 replacement. The advantage of the 777 being that one type of aircraft is available with 400 seats and 300.

In five years I see PIA operating an all Boeing jet fleet of 777-300ER 777-200LR/ER, 787 and the 737-700.

Any business has to invest money to make money, and after all PIA is a business.

Foreign banks are looking at the potential PIA has, and hoping for better managment are willing to finance a fleet replacement plan which will cost the airline couple of billion dollars.

But in the end the airline will enhance profits by operating a two type fuel efficient fleet.

As for the A330s, they are only for Hadj.

Amaad
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

>>PIA has always done well with new aircraft, and has managed to re-pay its debt in time. >>

as long as i can remember, the last time when PIA got new ACs.. those were the good old days when the whole Aviation industry had a boom and not to mention that even PIA had a dynamic mgmt at that time who did a terrific job.....

>> Had the government not interfered in the daily running of this commercial airline, it would have done great. >>

i totall agree but i am sure that more than 50% staff of PIA thinks the same way.... pilots, mechanics, ground crew or administrators...... even though they all got the jobs cz of mama chacha.... isnt that funny :)

>> As for additional 777, well they are needed to replace the 747-300 fleet. >>
again a good point cz the fleet is getting older day by day.. BUT do u guys think that its a good idea to get new planes the way investigative journals are reporting.....

now the most important question...... as we know that due to open skies policy, things are getting difficult for PIA, how long PIA will survive based on the heavy debt, new AC's payments... while still having the same old organizational culture..... ???
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

They have to standardize their fleet with only a few types of fuel efficient aircraft like the 773ER, 772ER, 772LR, 787, and 737-700 as Amaad said this will cut costs quite a lot. Also they have to start to get rid of quite a lot of employees as they have too many for a small airline.