Any news on Malaysian Airlines to Lahore?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Mudassar
Registered Member

Any news on Malaysian Airlines to Lahore?

Post by Mudassar »

Dear members,

I have been a silent reader of the PIA History/forums and find this site to be the best on Pakistan and world aviation. The information is quite useful and I would like to thank the administrators and regular members for their contributions and updates.

I read that Malaysian airlines are contemplating to start direct flights to Lahore? The recent news is that in near future a high level delegation is to visit Pakistan to formalize formalities (as a follow up to PM recent visit to Malaysia). This is good news for people who travel to Lahore and surrounding areas. Does anyone have any additional information on it?

Also, any news about Singapore Airlines returning to Pakistan? Recently someone posted in the airliners.net that they are likely to return next year? Any follow up news?

Regards
Mudassar
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Welcome to forum Mudassar!

Still no news about Malaysian/Singapore Airlines return to Pakistan in Pakistani press in recent weeks.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Their MD in a local TV interview said that there was no market at present between LHE and KUL, maybe thats why even PIA dont fly the route.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

in may 2003, MAS released a statement saying that they were very keen on flying 3 weekly KUL-LHE-AUH flights on an A 333 effective Oct 27th 2003.

Then SARS struck and that put a halt on their LHE plans until further notice.
Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

I can't wait until SIA returns to LHE & KHI they have been missed dearly.
Mudassar
Registered Member

Post by Mudassar »

Imran Hassan wrote:I can't wait until SIA returns to LHE & KHI they have been missed dearly.
Singapore and Malaysian airlines are surely missed for service and competitiveness (Malaysian to LHE). Pakistani expatriates living in Australia, New Zealand and in the Pacific would love to see them back. Current options are limited, not convenient and expensive (e.g. TG, Qantas /PIA etc.). PIA can do better by getting in some sort of alliance with the Malaysian or Singapore airlines.

Regards
Mudassar
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Pakistani expatriates living in Australia, New Zealand and in the Pacific would love to see them back. Current options are limited, not convenient and expensive (e.g. TG, Qantas /PIA etc.).

u forgot the Cathay Pacific option...the best inflight product out of PAK to the Far East, LAX, SFO and Australia...not to mention BKK too.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

You may have your sorces behramjee but I beleive the MD, had MH seen a market in LHE they would have been there atleast this year if not last and PIA wopuld be doing the route too, conisdering how MH are expanding in India, also no newspaper reported the MH development, they normally jump on such info like they did for Vietnam Airlines and Korean Air coming to Karachi in the 90's, VN was affected due to limits on max aircraft number oprated by an airline imposed by Pak CAA unde rteh revised open skies thing and Korean Air was hit by the Asian economic crisis of '98.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

You may have your sorces behramjee
I dont know what youre refering to over here because I have no sources on this matter as I read this statement of MAS on www.airlinequality.com 2 years ago.