VIP on A310 from BHX

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
legalize
Registered Member

VIP on A310 from BHX

Post by legalize »

Any idea who the vip was going out on the bhx-isb flight on sunday 11th september?
I was dropping someone off at the airport and there was a lot of commotion going on. All we were told was that it was a very important person.
PIAinORD
Registered Member

Post by PIAinORD »

probably Musharraf going to the UN Meetings this week in NYC...
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Most probably that 310 will be having a stop over there in BHX onboard President Musharaf... I saw this news on GEO Tv that he is going to US that day.
Adnan
saagir
Registered Member

Post by saagir »

There was a police helicopter flying over the NEC and the airport terminals, as well as armed guards on top of the terminal buildings.President Musharaf aircraft arrived about 15:00 pm BST and departed 2 and half hours later to JFK.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

what a drain on PIA's resources..the airlines already handicapped as far as aircraft are concerned and 2 A310's are in use by the president..
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Charliedelta11 wrote:what a drain on PIA's resources..the airlines already handicapped as far as aircraft are concerned and 2 A310's are in use by the president..
'2' A310s... How come?
Adnan
PK
Registered Member

Post by PK »

PIA is not doing it free?

whenever these kinds of VIP trips trip take place.

PIA send the invoice to Government of Pakistan addressed to Foreign Ministry of Pakistan.

That is absoutly correct, check it out with your own sources.
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

PIA send the invoice to Government of Pakistan addressed to Foreign Ministry of Pakistan.
Sending an invoice is one thing, getting paid is another.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

2 A310's ...one is with the President/PM..the other one is a standby aircraft in case something goes wrong with the presidential carrier...
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Ahaan!!! You know two days before i saw one A310 and one 747-300 of PIA departing Isb one after the other arround 1400 hrs (paki time) and schedule of those two aircrafts was not mentioned there at PIA website. I thought the other 747 was replacing a/c if something goes wrong... just my perception.
Adnan