British Airways Islamabad Daily

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: British Airways Islamabad Daily

Post by Abbas Ali »

From September 2, British Airways operating five weekly flights from London to Islamabad every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.

The airline had resumed Islamabad-London flights on August 14 with three weekly flights.

Service will further increase to daily from October 25.

Source: flightradar24.com

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Has anyone flown with BA from Mainland Europe to Pakistan? I heard they require transit visa for Pakistani passport holders. Need to validate this (even if person holds residence permit from any European country).
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

faisal-777 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:11 pm Has anyone flown with BA from Mainland Europe to Pakistan? I heard they require transit visa for Pakistani passport holders. Need to validate this (even if person holds residence permit from any European country).
You only need a transit visa if you are staying in the UK for more than 12 hours for your transit and that you need to leave the airport, apart from that you dont need a transit visa to connect flights at London Heathrow
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

baberblues wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:47 pm
faisal-777 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:11 pm Has anyone flown with BA from Mainland Europe to Pakistan? I heard they require transit visa for Pakistani passport holders. Need to validate this (even if person holds residence permit from any European country).
You only need a transit visa if you are staying in the UK for more than 12 hours for your transit and that you need to leave the airport, apart from that you dont need a transit visa to connect flights at London Heathrow
Thank you. According to this link, that does not seem to be the case

Depending on your nationality and the purpose of your journey, you may need a visa or an equivalent form of authorisation for every country you enter as part of your journey — even if you are only connecting from one flight to another. This is in addition to a valid passport.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

faisal-777 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:24 pm
Thank you. According to this link, that does not seem to be the case

Depending on your nationality and the purpose of your journey, you may need a visa or an equivalent form of authorisation for every country you enter as part of your journey — even if you are only connecting from one flight to another. This is in addition to a valid passport.

I go through London Heathrow a lot, you dont show your passport to a border official if you are connect flights, you only show your passport when you are entering the country.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

From September 14, British Airways operating daily flight from London to Islamabad with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner.

From September 2, British Airways was operating five weekly flights from London to Islamabad every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.

British Airways had resumed Islamabad-London flights on August 14 with three weekly flights.

The airline had planned to make it daily service from October 25.

Abbas

See you at:
Shahab
Registered Member

Post by Shahab »

Please check using this link https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa. You may need direct airside transit visa unless you are exempt.

From the UK Gov webiste

You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section)
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)
All visas and residence permits must be valid.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Shahab wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:48 am
Please check using this link https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa. You may need direct airside transit visa unless you are exempt.

From the UK Gov webiste

You don’t need a visa if you have one of the following:

a visa for Canada, New Zealand, Australia or the USA (this can be used for travel to any country)
a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
a resident permit issued by Canada after 28 June 2002
a uniform format category D visa for entry into a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section)
a Schengen Approved Destination Scheme (ADS) group tourism visa where the holder is travelling to the Schengen country that issued the visa
a flight ticket from the Schengen area, if you can prove that you entered the Schengen area in the previous 30 days on the basis of a valid Schengen ADS visa
a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)
All visas and residence permits must be valid.
Many thanks. This means if I have European residence permit (card), I also dont need transit visa. I am planning to fly from Austria to Islamabad and BA is surprisingly much much cheaper than TK/EK/QR. However, this requirement of transit visa is confusing.
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

Looks like BA is already operating a daily flight to Islamabad - it has been operating BA261/260 daily since 12th September.
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

British Airways Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner daily London to Islamabad service since September 12.

Abbas

See you at:
misrar787
Registered Member

Post by misrar787 »

Salaam alykum.

Sorry if I am posting this on an incorrect thread or if the question has already been asked. I am due to fly back to UK on British airways and wanted to know do I need to get covid test done beforehand or not?

Thank you
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Under codeshare partnership, American Airlines flight AA6731 from London (LHR) to Islamabad (ISB) is operated by British Airways aircraft flight BA261.

Source: heathrow.com

Abbas

See you at:
dragonfly
Registered Member

Post by dragonfly »

Looks as if today’s 13/11/20 BA 261 rotation to ISB is not operational... Covid restrictions or Load?
BA 259 is on route to LHE
misrar787
Registered Member

Post by misrar787 »

British Airways 261 is operating today and is scheduled to depart at 18:10. The flight was shown as cancelled yesterday most likely due to load or possibly unavailability of aircraft.