PIA Lahore to Karachi Airbus A320 Flight Crashes

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ammad
Registered Member

Re: PIA Lahore to Karachi Airbus A320 Flight Crashes

Post by ammad »

A310 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:50 am
Apologies for not stating that i was referring to the second part of your statement. Absolutely had no issue with the first part so all good there. You wrote ‘deliberate crash’ without any explanation initially. It sounded way too insensitive. There are members over here who claimed earlier that they couldn’t “mince” their derogatory and insensitive words because that is going to make a difference. Don’t want that kind of energy on this forum.
You are right, I should be more elaborative when i wrote deliberate. I never intends to right derogatory comments towards the crew, even today i wish if the pilot opt to stop the Aircraft when it hit the run way for the first time. That way Aircraft could be write off but about 80 to 90 passengers could also be survived and post crash rescue operation at the Tarmac could also be more effective.
Fortune favours brave.
arshad.altaf
Registered Member

Post by arshad.altaf »

What a story of Mr Zafar Masud. Fell from the crashing and breaking plane on the roof of a house along with his seat straight on seat's legs and then fell again, this time on the roof and part windscreen of the car which had passengers in it. Amid the fireball coming towards him the mohallay walay (hats off to them) saved him and took him out from a galli ka gate which is usually locked but was unlocked on that fateful day. The survivor (Zafar Masud sahib) says that he will have to use wheel chair and a cane for the rest of his life but his story of surviving this crash is nothing less than a miracle-a divine intervention.

I wish the newspaper will also approach the other gentleman who had survived the crash and lives in Karachi I think.

Arshad
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to November 16 Jang newspaper report:

CEO PIA Air Marshal (retired) Arshad Malik held talks with PK8303 crash affectees.

The briefing informed crash affectees about steps taken so far:

* Handover of crash victims' personal belongings/valuable items recovered from crash site.

* Increase in insurance claim from one crore to five crore rupees.

The afectees were told that PIA management is holding talks with insurance company to increase insurance claim amount.

Payments have been made to owners of properties/assets damaged/destroyed on ground by the air crash.

Affectees have been advised to submit succession certificates to receive insurance claim payment.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

'It's not your time': Survivor recalls final moments of deadly Pakistan plane crash

Link: https://arab.news/wxfbt

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

See you at:
t-rehman
Registered Member

Post by t-rehman »

Zafar sb says that cockpit door opened just before the crash and he could see the infrastructure (Model Colony buildings) from the windscreen.

Considering the fact that:

1. The cockpit door of Airbus A320 opens towards the cockpit rather than the cabin (Please correct me if I am wrong)
2. The aircraft was at good 10+ degrees nose up position before the crash (as per the CCTV footage)

How is it possible for cockpit door to open by itself when aircraft was in nose up position? Gravity wouldn't do it even if the door was unlocked.

Did somebody try to open the door at very last moments?

May Allah bless the departed souls with Jannat Ul Firdous. Aameen
Hassan777
Registered Member

Post by Hassan777 »

Sounds like he is talking about events a minute or two before the crash and considering flight radar 24 readings the plane was turning at the time and maybe the pilots forced the nose down to gain speed since for most of the time after the go-around the aircraft was near stall speeds, only then the cockpit door can swing open.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The other survivor Muhammad Zubair.

Abbas

See you at:
fawad
Registered Member

Post by fawad »

Hassan777 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:21 pm Sounds like he is talking about events a minute or two before the crash and considering flight radar 24 readings the plane was turning at the time and maybe the pilots forced the nose down to gain speed since for most of the time after the go-around the aircraft was near stall speeds, only then the cockpit door can swing open.
Eye witness testimony of such events is not very reliable. It has been researched many times how the memory of what happened, the sequence of events, etc. can be jumbled under extreme stress.
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

t-rehman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 pm Zafar sb says that cockpit door opened just before the crash and he could see the infrastructure (Model Colony buildings) from the windscreen.

1. The cockpit door of Airbus A320 opens towards the cockpit rather than the cabin (Please correct me if I am wrong)
2. The aircraft was at good 10+ degrees nose up position before the crash (as per the CCTV footage)

How is it possible for cockpit door to open by itself when aircraft was in nose up position? Gravity wouldn't do it even if the door was unlocked.

In case of an electrical supply failure, the door is automatically unlocked,
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

inducedrag wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 pm
t-rehman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 pm Zafar sb says that cockpit door opened just before the crash and he could see the infrastructure (Model Colony buildings) from the windscreen.

In case of an electrical supply failure, the door is automatically unlocked,
Exactly....so when both engines shut down, electrical supply went off. RAT only provides supply to very essential equipment.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Revised preliminary investigation report by Aircraft Accident Investigation Board (AAIB) - Pakistan of PIA Airbus A320 (aircraft registration AP-BLD) Lahore to Karachi flight PK8303 crash on May 22, 2020, in Karachi uploaded on Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) website on November 25, 2020, on following link:

https://www.caapakistan.com.pk/Upload/S ... IB-431.pdf

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Fuel Control Unit (FCU) changed to Flight Control Unit (FCU) in revised preliminary investigation report:

Fuel Control Unit (FCU) in preliminary investigation report released on June 24.

Flight Control Unit (FCU) in revised preliminary investigation report uploaded on November 25 on CAA website.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

On November 26, National Assembly's Standing Committee on Government Assurances asked PIA to ensure payment of compensation to the affectees of airline's May 22, 2020, Airbus A320 crash in Karachi. The committee took notice of non-payment of compensation to the affectees.

PIA officials replied that some affectees had not submitted the required documents. The airline assured the committee that compensation would be paid to the affectees as soon as they submit the required documents.

Abbas

See you at:
adamalikhan
Registered Member

Post by adamalikhan »

Geo news is claiming a new video has been released showing the first failed landing of the aircraft