Coronavirus Alert - Special Counters to Screen Passengers to be Established at Major Pakistani Airports

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: China Virus Alert - Special Counters to Screen Passengers to be Established at Major Pakistani Airports

Post by Abbas Ali »

Health Information Desk established by Airport Health Department at Karachi Airport provides information and medical assistance for Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV).

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: China Virus Alert - Special Counters to Screen Passengers to be Established at Major Pakistani Airports

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources:

A machine used for coronavirus scanning of passengers at Islamabad Airport has developed some technical problem.

Hand-held devices being used to screen passengers.

A machine in working order shown few days ago.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

CAA Directed to Ensure Airlines Get Health Declaration Form Filled by Passengers

Islamabad: February 24, 2020 -
In the backdrop of corona virus, CAA must assure airlines to get health declaration form filled from passengers. This was instructed by Federal Secretary for Aviation, Hassan Nasir Jamy while visiting Islamabad International Airport (IIAP) on Monday. He also visited health desks at airport. He inquired doctors and para medics regarding their issues.

The Federal Secretary took round of various parts of the airport to review routine arrangements for facilitation of the public and passengers. He also checked airport facilities given to passengers regarding luggage, shops and stalls. He examined price lists at various shops. Federal Secretary also checked free of cost tea stalls. CAA has installed free of cost tea stalls for passengers in International departure and domestic departure at IIAP.

Federal Secretary was also briefed about Rain Water Harvesting Kasana dam. He also visited site of Ramma dam. He was briefed about land aquisition at IIAP for extension of airport. Federal Secretary reiterated Aviation Division commitment to ensure provision of better facilities to air passengers at IIAP. He was accompanied by Air Vice Marshal Tanveer Bhatti, ADG CAA and Air Commodore Syed Nasir Raza Hamdani, DDG Regulation.

Source: PID

See you at:
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

This morning I reached LHE from LAX via DXB. I couldn’t found any scanner on dxb but at Lahore. Filled above forms as well.
However; I noticed an ASF guy was scanning the passengers and very professionally he was touching the scanner with people’s forehead. I quickly pushed him and asked to make distance.

Are ASF guys responsible for this scanning ?

BTW; my plane spotting at LAX Plane view point:
Connecting Businesses through Travels
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

fahadshakeel wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:55 pm This morning I reached LHE from LAX via DXB. I couldn’t found any scanner on dxb but at Lahore. Filled above forms as well.
However; I noticed an ASF guy was scanning the passengers and very professionally he was touching the scanner with people’s forehead. I quickly pushed him and asked to make distance.

Are ASF guys responsible for this scanning ?

BTW; my plane spotting at LAX Plane view point:
Why would you push someone from doing their job?
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

Because:
1. Why ASF team is scanning? Are they responsible? It must be health department but not their job.
2. A device for coronavirus scanning cant be touched to different people. It might contain virus, one should know how to do the things. I can’t let myself endup on bed for just being NICER. Would you? Lol
3. No one has right to touch me any device or instrument especially on public places. In first that guy was simply touching forehead of each passenger. I hold his hand at my turn and asked distance please this works from 6-8inches too.

Now read again
Connecting Businesses through Travels
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Compulsory Submission of Questionnaire by Traveler

It has been reported by the concerned authorities that airlines are not providing complete information to health authorities at the airport. It has therefore been decided that aircraft of such airlines shall not be allowed to depart unless complete information i.e. the number of passengers count is equal to the number of filled forms is provided to the the health authorities.

Failure to comply the above instructions shall make airline to cease their operation at Bacha Khan International Air Port (BKIAP) - Peshawar.

Abbas

See you at:
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

fahadshakeel wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:45 am Because:
1. Why ASF team is scanning? Are they responsible? It must be health department but not their job.
2. A device for coronavirus scanning cant be touched to different people. It might contain virus, one should know how to do the things. I can’t let myself endup on bed for just being NICER. Would you? Lol
3. No one has right to touch me any device or instrument especially on public places. In first that guy was simply touching forehead of each passenger. I hold his hand at my turn and asked distance please this works from 6-8inches too.

Now read again
i've read your obnoxious comments and will ask you again on what ground you think its okay to push someone? You can verbally state to the individual to step back.

Also you dont just get infected by being touched by a machine, you need to do some reading before you make silly remarks like above. sounds like you're not well informed on virus transmission and spread so i recommend you do some reading, it may help you.
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

fahadshakeel wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:45 am Because:

Now read again
I would love for you to say that no one has the right to touch you in florida.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Due to reports of increasing number of coronavirus cases in Iran, an amended Health Declaration Form/Traveler Questionnaire has been announced by Pakistan CAA, according to news sources.

The amended Health Declaration Form seeks information from passenger including:

Name
Passport Number
Address
Countries Visited Recently including China, Iran in last 14 days and Africa or South America in last 5 days.
Health Status of Passenger

Ammended Traveler Questionnaire

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Additional doctors, nurses, paramedical staff to be deployed at major international airports of Punjab.

Lahore
Medical staff from Services Hospital, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Mayo Hospital and Jinnah Hospital to be deployed at Allama Iqbal International Airport - Lahore.

Multan
Medical staff from Nishtar Medical University to be deployed at Multan International Airport.

Sialkot
Medical staff from Allama Iqbal Memorial Hospital to be deployed at Sialkot International Airport.

Faisalabad
Medical staff from Faisalabad Medical University to be deployed at Faisalabad International Airport.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Two cases of coronavirus confirmed in Pakistan. Both had traveled to Iran.

Karachi
The 22-year old patient with coronavirus admitted in Karachi had arrived at Karachi Airport.

He arrived in Karachi on Emirates flight EK600 on February 20 and was checked by a doctor at Karachi Airport.

On February 20, Emirates Boeing 777-300ER registration A6-ECY as flight EK600 from Dubai landed at Karachi Airport at 10:14 AM. The flight was scheduled to land 10:35 AM.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ek600

Islamabad
The 61-year old patient from Skardu with coronavirus admitted in Islamabad arrived at Lahore Airport on a flight from Iran.

Record of screening process conducted at airports being checked.

Airport managers directed to ensure 100% screening process of passengers arriving in Pakistan on international flights.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources:

International flights aircraft crew members arriving and staying in Pakistan will also have to undergo screening process against coronavirus and will also have to submit filled out health declaration form to Pakistani airport authorities.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Government of Punjab message in February 28 newspaper informing readers about special screening counters established at airports and special wards for treatment of corona virus at following hospitals in the province:
  • Services Hospital - Lahore
  • Holy Family Hospital - Rawalpindi
  • Allied Hospital - Faisalabad
  • Nishtar Hospital - Multan
  • Allama Iqbal Hospital - Sialkot

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

New modern scanners installed at Islamabad International Airport to identify passengers infected with coronavirus.

These new scanners will also be installed at airports of Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar.

Abbas

See you at: