PIA ATR Flight PK-661 Crashes Near Havelian

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Re: PIA ATR Flight PK-661 Crashes Near Havelian

Post by faisal-777 »

FKhan722 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:32 pm Isn't Mubashir Luqman a Pilot also? If he is - i do think he should have some aviation knowledge!!

Disclaimer - i'm not pro or anti Mubashir Luqman!! However if the man is a pilot to say he has nil/nil knowledge when it comes to aviation is a little harsh isn't it?

Best Regards
You are right, i think he does hold a pilot's license and he mentioned it in a program as well. Therefore, criticism on him is quite unjustified. After this crash, there were lot of people analyzing this incident in a funny manner while he used the correct terminology and raised questions that made sense.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

faisal-777 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:28 am
FKhan722 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:32 pm Isn't Mubashir Luqman a Pilot also? If he is - i do think he should have some aviation knowledge!!

Disclaimer - i'm not pro or anti Mubashir Luqman!! However if the man is a pilot to say he has nil/nil knowledge when it comes to aviation is a little harsh isn't it?

Best Regards
You are right, i think he does hold a pilot's license and he mentioned it in a program as well. Therefore, criticism on him is quite unjustified. After this crash, there were lot of people analyzing this incident in a funny manner while he used the correct terminology and raised questions that made sense.

My dear Mr. Faisal777, just because somebody is a PPL holder does not make him eligible to comment or say anything on the subject he has no clue about....and that goes without saying i would beg all the aviation enthusiasts to keep their opinions to themselves considering you guys have NO idea what goes around.....PLSSSSSSS.....
Airborne
Registered Member

Post by Airborne »

Airborne wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:16 am

Best Regards

My dear Mr. Faisal777, just because somebody is a PPL holder does not make him eligible to comment or say anything on the subject he has no clue about....and that goes without saying i would beg all the aviation enthusiasts to keep their opinions to themselves considering you guys have NO idea what the reality is.....PLSSSSSSS.....
A.D
Registered Member

Post by A.D »

Best Regards
What kind of a pilot he is who don't know about ILS, IFR or VFR. Some of his research is good but not all...he might not probably getting free tickets from PIA any more !!!!!
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

Airborne wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:16 am

Best Regards

My dear Mr. Faisal777, just because somebody is a PPL holder does not make him eligible to comment or say anything on the subject he has no clue about....and that goes without saying i would beg all the aviation enthusiasts to keep their opinions to themselves considering you guys have NO idea what goes around.....PLSSSSSSS.....
Would you enlighten us what exactly would make someone eligible for commenting on this matter. As far someone is proposing something while using correct terms and concepts, what is wrong with their opinion. He is just another person who voiced his opinion and some findings, which might be wrong or right.

As for your last comment, this is a public forum and pretty much everyone can comment on matters per best of their aviation knowledge. So this is really sorry to say, ridiculous to ask for everyone to keep their opinions to themselves. In case you mean that only someone with masters or PhD in air accidents investigations is eligible to comment, then probably I think there might be not more than 5,6 people in Pakistan who should speak on this matter.
What kind of a pilot he is who don't know about ILS, IFR or VFR. Some of his research is good but not all...he might not probably getting free tickets from PIA any more !!!!!
No one's research in this world is ever 100% true. Every account of an event is a conspiracy unless proven true.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

It's now 10 months from this incident. I hope we can listen some thing about this incident with in coming months.
Fortune favours brave.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to DAWN News channel, Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has received PIA ATR 42-500 (AP-BHO) flight PK-661 crash reports from French and Canadian authorities.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to DAWN News, PIA flight 661 crash investigation has entered final stages and a two-member Pakistani investigation team is visiting France and Canada to meet aircraft and engine manufacturers.

Abbas

See you at:
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

It’s one year today still waiting for report
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Legal heirs have announced to hold protest on the first anniversary of flight 661 crash today i.e. December 7 over the issue of non-payment of insurance money.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Legal heirs of around 27 crash victims have been compensated by the government so far, while cases of around six victims are still being processed. Six others are still involved in litigation.

Relatives of the crash victims, however, say that they do not care much about the compensation, rather are far more interested in the reasons leading to the deadly crash.

According to Mashood Tajwar, a spokesperson for the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), legal heirs of most of the crash victims have been compensated, some were in process and some in litigation while the remaining were stalled owing to lack of key documents.

“The insurance company does not accept incomplete documents and this is why some files were yet to be closed,” Tajwar explained to The Express Tribune on phone.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1577910/1- ... lane-went/

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA flight 661 crash final report will be released by Pakistan Safety Investigation Board (SIB) in year 2018, according to DAWN News channel.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Crash investigation report expected to be released by the end of April 2018, according to DAWN News channel.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

On January 17, Senate's Standing Committee on Cabinet Secretariat was informed that final investigation report of PIA flight 661 is expected by the end of April this year.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Two more reports on PIA flight 661 crash are due to be received, said Secretary Aviation Irfan Elahi at a parliamentary committee meeting today.

Abbas

See you at: