Location for Mansehra Airport Construction Approved

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Location for Mansehra Airport Construction Approved

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news report on following link, federal government has approved construction of Mansehra Airport in Tanawal.

The project has been declared technically and financially viable by Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).

Link: The News

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Location for Mansehra Airport Construction Approved

Post by Abbas Ali »

Rs. 500 million approved by the Government of Pakistan for land acquisition of Mansehra Airport, according to an advertisement in today's (December 11) newspaper.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Today PTV News showed the site approved for the construction of Mansehra Airport. The airport will be part of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

Site approved for the construction of Mansehra Airport.

A Pakistani AgustaWestland AW139 helicopter at the site approved for the construction of Mansehra Airport.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to PTV News, land has been purchased in Tanawal Sharif for construction of Mansehra Airport.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news report on following link, under Section 4 of Land Acquisition Act - 1894, 6,302 kanals of land in Tanawal area of Mansehra will be acquired for construction of the airport.

Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority is notified to complete airport's survey work and other formalities.

Land of eight villages including Lassan Nawaz, Dhairy, Palsala, Bandi Koragwal, Kund, Sawan Mera, Jisgran Bala and Jisgran Pain will be acquired for the airport.

http://epaper.dawn.com/DetailNews.php?S ... 16_007_003

Abbas

See you at:
jam2k94
Registered Member

Post by jam2k94 »

What rubbish this is. Had CAA upgraded Peshawar Airport or Islamabad Airport is completed. These are just political dramas that you announce airport in Bannu or DI khan or may be even in villages also later on.
Jamshed Ahmad
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

jam2k94 wrote:What rubbish this is. Had CAA upgraded Peshawar Airport or Islamabad Airport is completed. These are just political dramas that you announce airport in Bannu or DI khan or may be even in villages also later on.
Indeed. Who is going to fly to Mansehra? Even peshawar doesn't get full 7 days emirates service.

This is just a way to make money and make the people of mansehra happy. They're in dillusion that emirates or airlines will start to serve it, but it'll more likely see service of Private airplanes.

I'm not saying mansehra should never get airport, but there has to be priority. 500 million rupees hospital would be a better thing. Or spend that money to improve peshawar airport. It's "airport canteen" looks like a dhaba, didn't see elevators, congestion. Or give PIA the money so i can lease a320 for a year.
amjid84
Registered Member

Post by amjid84 »

uzairali wrote:
jam2k94 wrote:What rubbish this is. Had CAA upgraded Peshawar Airport or Islamabad Airport is completed. These are just political dramas that you announce airport in Bannu or DI khan or may be even in villages also later on.
Indeed. Who is going to fly to Mansehra? Even peshawar doesn't get full 7 days emirates service.

This is just a way to make money and make the people of mansehra happy. They're in dillusion that emirates or airlines will start to serve it, but it'll more likely see service of Private airplanes.

I'm not saying mansehra should never get airport, but there has to be priority. 500 million rupees hospital would be a better thing. Or spend that money to improve peshawar airport. It's "airport canteen" looks like a dhaba, didn't see elevators, congestion. Or give PIA the money so i can lease a320 for a year.
500m Rupees would also go a long way in fixing the chronic electricity & water situation in the major cities, not to mention assisting people get out of poverty.

Govt should focus on fixing existing PEW airport and the infrastructure... rather than these remote airport which would only get served 1-2 times per Week (at best)!
jawad_cse
Registered Member

Post by jawad_cse »

I completely agree with the replies posted here..
Im not aware of the ground realties in pakistan in general but virtaually what I see the videos and all stuff regarding avaiation sector, pakistan is still way below regarding international avaition standards.
Govt. should focus on making existing things better. Air connectivity in my opinion is very less even between the major routes like: Lhe-ixb. lhe-khi and isb-khi. Both private players and pia should fly enough to make air travel easy for a common person but unfortunately it is not there.

Regarding Airport, Peshawar, Faisalabad and Multan , an immediate work plan is needed to increase capacity and improve infrastructure so that large traffic is ovserved in these major cities.

Unfortunately in pakistan if a company owns or leases 3, 4 planez it becomes eligible for flying to international routes. I think this has resulted that domestic routes are completely forgotten by the airliners. They enjoy flying in and out of Middle east and this way domestic routes are flown very few times.

these people arent able to complete Islamabad international airport despite all deadlines, this out of scratch ideas are only political stunts..
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

jawad_cse wrote:I completely agree with the replies posted here..
Im not aware of the ground realties in pakistan in general but virtaually what I see the videos and all stuff regarding avaiation sector, pakistan is still way below regarding international avaition standards.
Govt. should focus on making existing things better. Air connectivity in my opinion is very less even between the major routes like: Lhe-ixb. lhe-khi and isb-khi. Both private players and pia should fly enough to make air travel easy for a common person but unfortunately it is not there.

Regarding Airport, Peshawar, Faisalabad and Multan , an immediate work plan is needed to increase capacity and improve infrastructure so that large traffic is ovserved in these major cities.

Unfortunately in pakistan if a company owns or leases 3, 4 planez it becomes eligible for flying to international routes. I think this has resulted that domestic routes are completely forgotten by the airliners. They enjoy flying in and out of Middle east and this way domestic routes are flown very few times.

these people arent able to complete Islamabad international airport despite all deadlines, this out of scratch ideas are only political stunts..
You can't force airlines to operate domestic routes if they do not make enough money. They're private companies. And PIA being public shouldn't either operate on routes that are less profitable than potential, otherwise it would not be in shambles today. One way for shaheen/airblue is to increase airfare for domestic, but many people take trains/buses and those who fly simply go on PIA. So I do not agree with people who say "airline must serve people".
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Rs. 120 million released by the federal government for acquisition of land for Mansehra Airport. More amount of money for the project to be released later.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/159763 ... t-official

Abbas

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Abbas Ali wrote:Rs. 120 million released by the federal government for acquisition of land for Mansehra Airport. More amount of money for the project to be released later.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/159763 ... t-official

Abbas
What part of the land they will be getting for 12 crores Rs only? Progress is very slow.
Fortune favours brave.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

uzairali wrote:

You can't force airlines to operate domestic routes if they do not make enough money. They're private companies. And PIA being public shouldn't either operate on routes that are less profitable than potential, otherwise it would not be in shambles today. One way for shaheen/airblue is to increase airfare for domestic, but many people take trains/buses and those who fly simply go on PIA. So I do not agree with people who say "airline must serve people".
Even in USA, US govt. is giving subsidy to regional US airlines to offer air service to the under serviced parts of USA. Sometimes, those subsidized airports are cheaper to fly in/out than major airport plus eleviate pressure from some larger airports . One example is Winchester airport, NY (HPN) just north of La Guardia, NY (LGA). I use this airport a lot for my own business trips.
Adnan Anwar
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

uzairali wrote:

Even in USA, US govt. is giving subsidy to regional US airlines to offer air service to the under serviced parts of USA. Sometimes, those subsidized airports are cheaper to fly in/out than major airport plus eleviate pressure from some larger airports . One example is Winchester airport, NY (HPN) just north of La Guardia, NY (LGA). I use this airport a lot for my own business trips when it is indeed cheaper than LGA or JFK.
Adnan Anwar
uzairali
Registered Member

Post by uzairali »

^

USA has a much higher income per capita than Pakistan.

And their major airports are quite improved, whereas look at Peshawar airport. First improve Peshawar airport before making new airports which will be served like once a day. 500 million rupees will help 1 flight a day better or 10+ flights at peshawar airport more?