PIA Boeing 707 Crash in Taif - Saudi Arabia

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
captain_salman
Registered Member

Post by captain_salman »

Connie bhai....have you seen the wikipedia article on this, it says somthing else :? ....i've heard similar stories like you, don't know what would've happened. I'm having goosebumps that it might have been a mistaken identity fire....very unjust! :(
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

captain_salman wrote:Connie bhai....have you seen the wikipedia article on this, it says somthing else :? ....i've heard similar stories like you, don't know what would've happened. I'm having goosebumps that it might have been a mistaken identity fire....very unjust! :(
Here it is, It's really weird that these reports talk about on board fire but none of the reports states what caused it!, it's all speculation about it...Wikipedia also states it could have be case of Sabotage but again no evidence!

PIA Flight 740
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PIA Flight PK740 Summary
Date November 26, 1979
Type In-flight fire
Site Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Passengers 145
Crew 11
Injuries 0
Fatalities 156
Survivors 0
Aircraft type Boeing 707-340C
Operator Pakistan International Airlines
Tail number AP-AWZ

Pakistan International Airlines Flight PK740 was a Boeing 707-340C that crashed after takeoff from Jeddah International Airport on November 26, 1979. Flight PK740 departed Jeddah at 01:29 for a flight to Karachi. The aircraft was climbing to FL370 (37,000 feet) when, at 01:47, a stewardess reported a fire near the aft cabin passenger door. The crew started a descent from FL300 and were cleared to descend to 4000 feet. Following a mayday call at 02:03, nothing more was heard from the flight. The aircraft crashed in a level rocky area at an elevation of 3000 feet and burst into flames. All 156 aboard were killed.

An In-flight fire in the cabin area, through its intensity and rapid extension, resulted in panic among the passengers and smoke in the cockpit, eventually incapacitating the flight crew. The cause of the cabin fire was not determined. It was considered that the origin of the cabin fire could have been a leaking gasoline or kerosene stove carried aboard by Haj pilgrim passengers. Pressure differential could have caused a poorly sealed gasket to leak fuel.

A second possibility is an electrical fire, but the rapid extension of the fire was considered difficult to explain because of the electrical circuit protection devices of the Boeing 707. Sabotage was considered as another possibility, but no evidence of an incendiary device was found.

Here are points to be noted:

1) Even Wikipedia acknowledges some sort of Sabotage/foul play must have played a roll indicating indirectly to what i have been saying all along, SAM activity!!!....

2) Fire "Could have been" is the term used, meaning not sure what caused it or happened on board....

3) Pressure differential "COULD HAVE" have caused a poorly sealed gasket to leak fuel. (Again not sure if it did or not!) So lets get that STOVE exploding theory out as again no one know what happened.

So once again Can we really go with these reports and start believing it's all true whats written in them yet they are not sure themselves as what really happened up there that night!, ask yourself this question, hopefully you will understand where i am coming from and why i am pursuing this....
Last edited by ConnieMan on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

captain_salman wrote:Connie bhai....I'm having goosebumps that it might have been a mistaken identity fire....very unjust! :(
Salman very unjust to them whom don't know nor ever tried to find out the reality of this massacre crash was!, this was no ordinary crash, it's way too deeper than that. To me it's getting clear that all this fire on board reports don't carry much to any weight, i am more convinced now that this crash has been severely and swiftly given huge cover up under the on board fire's umbrella by some high ranking officials of Saudi Government.
There is definitely more to this then meets the eye in this case....
captain_salman
Registered Member

Post by captain_salman »

Very true! there's more than this, not only cover-up but government to government pact might had taken place! And my question is, why were the PIA officials, Pakistani investigators and media not allowed to visit the crash site! This is my point-of-fear! This might have been a serious government error! There cannot be any compensation for this! This stove-story seems rubbish to me! :x
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

captain_salman wrote:Very true! there's more than this, not only cover-up but government to government pact might had taken place! And my question is, why were the PIA officials, Pakistani investigators and media not allowed to visit the crash site! This is my point-of-fear! This might have been a serious government error! There cannot be any compensation for this! This stove-story seems rubbish to me! :x
You have valid points here and good questions, it's really strange why PIA officials other then just 4 were only allowed to go at the crash site and none of the Pakistani investigators, media and Pakistani origin nationals from Saudia were not allowed there!, this does raises suspicious questions, WHY??, WHY??, WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT AND WHO IS HIDING KEY INFORMATION HERE FROM REST OF THE WORLD FOR ALL THOSE YEARS AND NOW!!!!!!!

Chacha dall mein kuch kala tu hayy.....
captain_salman
Registered Member

Post by captain_salman »

I'm afraid those questions might be left unanswered! :( we all know something is fishy in those vrious reports....i mean they don't seem to be valid some way or the other....

chacha mujhey tou puri daal hi kali lagrahi hai!
umar744
Registered Member

yes

Post by umar744 »

my father's old classroom school Late Captain Capt.Wayne Khalid flew AP-AWZ crashed into hill mountain high ground in Taif area Correct right true. After Capt.Wayne Khalid reported cabin and cockpit smoke fire went emergency No fly zone then Saudia Royal Govt accident mistake MISSILE SHUT DOWN AP-AWZ blast blow up after two misslie hit it. THEN Saudi Royal SERCET Private deal with PIA and Pakistan Govt PROMISE DO NOT press and print and news and media about name of Saudia SHUT DOWN PIA crashed.
USA Warship TEST boat misslie accident HIT TWA 747 and Swissair MD11 and Egyptair 767 shut down during night dark
LUCK Iran Air A300 daylight USA warship accident shut down A300 Iran Air crashed near Dubai sea and witness can see US Warship missle Iran Air A300 down because of DAYLIGHT
It DIFFICULT witness and see DARK night
thank you
regards
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Re: yes

Post by ConnieMan »

umar744 wrote:my father's old classroom school Late Captain Capt.Wayne Khalid flew AP-AWZ crashed into hill mountain high ground in Taif area Correct right true. After Capt.Wayne Khalid reported cabin and cockpit smoke fire went emergency No fly zone then Saudia Royal Govt accident mistake MISSILE SHUT DOWN AP-AWZ blast blow up after two misslie hit it. THEN Saudi Royal SERCET Private deal with PIA and Pakistan Govt PROMISE DO NOT press and print and news and media about name of Saudia SHUT DOWN PIA crashed.
USA Warship TEST boat misslie accident HIT TWA 747 and Swissair MD11 and Egyptair 767 shut down during night dark
LUCK Iran Air A300 daylight USA warship accident shut down A300 Iran Air crashed near Dubai sea and witness can see US Warship missle Iran Air A300 down because of DAYLIGHT
It DIFFICULT witness and see DARK night
thank you
regards
Umar744, thanks for coming on here with this key information about PK-740 massacre crash, i'm really sorry to hear about your father's class mate loss in this horrendous act by Saudis!.

I want to clear fews thing here, i also believe TWA 800 was also shot down by friendly missile as B747 just can't and don't disintegrate by itself just like that.

Swissair SW-111 crashed due to fire in the cockpit, Abbas and i did touched base on this in earlier^^ posts, pls read.

Egypt Air's B767 crashed due to act of suicide by one of the non-duty pilots on board that flight, it was not shot down by any means what so ever.

Yes Iranian A300 was shot down by US warship doing military exercises in the Persian gulf during broad day light!!

I have high lighten in bold what Umar stated and i also have been saying all along, now it clearly states that PK-740 was blow out of the sky by Saudi SAMs when most likely aircraft loss control due to on board fire in the cabin and smoke in the cockpit and went over highly restricted "NO FLY ZONE" area of Taif. Saudis did this act and asked Pakistani Government to keep quite due to there prestige in front of the world!. It's really unbelievable that our Pakistani Government back then went for it with Saudis and covered it up just by saying it was on board fire that caused it to crash!!. (How can they do this to there own people!)

Need more people to come out and help us resolve this mystery by letting the world know what really happened then and how all the facts were kept quite/hidden for all these years.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

I just did a google search on ok PK-740 hoping this thread would show up instead this just came up!

http://www.perkinscoie.com/Experience/E ... ?exid=1737

Professionals

* Clark Reed Nichols

Related Practices

* Product Liability: Aviation/Aerospace

Pakistan International Air Flight PK-740 Aircrash Disaster Near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Boeing

Defense of Boeing in 53 wrongful death actions filed in the High Court of Sindh, Pakistan. Application of international treaties and conventions, including Warsaw Convention and ICAO Annex 8. 53 wrongful death actions dismissed 2002.

Does anyone know anything about this case being filed or who filed it??
It's now obvious there are people out there most likely families of victims trying to find justice in the court of law.

This also points out that none of the families were compensated for the loss of there love ones and a lot of people out there does not have actual facts about this tragedy!, thing that i can't understand is why those who know the actual facts dose not come out and talk about it, it seems there is fear of some kind in minds of ones who are aware of the reality behind the curtain!...
Last edited by ConnieMan on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Dear ConnieMan

Why are you trying to find answers to this crash on History Of PIA forum??

This is not the right place.

Maybe you should try to visit Saudi Arabia and visit the concerned government offices where the secret files are being hidden.

Or go to Islamabad and visit the interior ministry or somewhere where information can be found.

HOP is not the place to keep harping for information about this crash.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Amaad Lone wrote:Dear ConnieMan

Why are you trying to find answers to this crash on History Of PIA forum??

This is not the right place.

Maybe you should try to visit Saudi Arabia and visit the concerned government offices where the secret files are being hidden.

Or go to Islamabad and visit the interior ministry or somewhere where information can be found.

HOP is not the place to keep harping for information about this crash.

Thank you Ammad for clearing this more, you have also confirmed that there is more information that has been hidden away in "Those secret files in S.A and in Islamabad", so it's obvious this aircraft was shot down and whole story was hidden away by governments of both countries...

As for why on here, coz this is related to history of pia and and there is nothing wrong in pursuing the facts and answers about it. Ammad, i am not the only one anymore, there are many others including our admin also who are looking for answers as you can read through this whole thread hence it's 4 pages long and growing.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

The aircraft was at cruising altitude.

It is not difficult to find out which SAMs were in the Saudi military back in 1979.

Probably Hawks supplied by the US.

What is the range of Saudi SAMs?

Can they hit an airliner flying at 33,000 or even 25,000 feet???
Thank you Ammad for clearing this more, you have also confirmed that there is more information that has been hidden away in "Those secret files in S.A and in Islamabad", so it's obvious this aircraft was shot down and whole story was hidden away by governments of both countries...
Don't thank me. I was just being sarcastic.
P.I.A

Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

kk
P.I.A

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Amaad Lone wrote:
Don't thank me. I was just being sarcastic.
In this case you are not any better then those who have kept people in dark and have lied about it all along, you better not post on here if you want to be in sarcastic attitude no one asked for it here. If you have information that can bring out the truth to the world then by all means participate in this topic or don't stair the pot as you are intelligent guy and you should know it better then this!!! :x :x
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

The aircraft was at cruising altitude.

It is not difficult to find out which SAMs were in the Saudi military back in 1979.

Probably Hawks supplied by the US.

What is the range of Saudi SAMs?

Can they hit an airliner flying at 33,000 or even 25,000 feet???
Any views on this point.
P.I.A