Air Sial

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Rana
Registered Member

Re: Air Sial – another initiative of exporters

Post by Rana »

Dear Abass . fact is that lealing companies are not ready to lease the aircrafts to the airline with 200 shareholders. [-X . they have only one solution to start operations with ATRs or Embraers , witch are easy and cheep to find or find a good invester .
Abbas Ali wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:22 pm According to a reliable source:

"Air Sial at the moment is facing difficulties in finding aircraft on lease as the 200 shareholders are not willing to give their own company guarantees to lessors.

It will take them good two years to launch the airline as software are yet not finalized and things are not moving ahead at all.
"

Abbas
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Most logical for them is to start Cargo Airline.
Fortune favours brave.
alimirfin
Registered Member

Post by alimirfin »

They should focus on improving the services at the Airport which are still a crap. Arrival waiting lines, silly baggage belts, Waiting lounge is like a Daewoo waiting lounge etc etc
mianazeem
Registered Member

Post by mianazeem »

I landed and departed from Sialkot Airport in November of 2016 and in no way it looked like an international airport. Arrival lounge had wires hanging through the roof and Departure lounge was so small that many of the passengers couldn't find a place to sit and it felt cramped with a foul smell. They could have spend more money and build spacious lounges to cater for present and future.
Air bridges were not ready at that time so had to climb the stairs to the plane with my wife and two young kids. Had to request somebody to get our carry on luggage up to the plane. I heard from a good friend who is a manager with a foreign airline and currently stationed in Sialkot that the board of directors were trying to run the airport like a factory. Firing and hiring cheap staff was a routine.
I think they should concentrate first on running the airport efficiently instead of getting into new ventures.
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

mianazeem wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm ...board of directors were trying to run the airport like a factory. Firing and hiring cheap staff was a routine.
typical Pakistani businessman approach. they surely have no vision.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Licence to Air Sial Limited was issued last month to start operations in Pakistan.

Source: DAWN

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Hamad
Registered Member

Post by Hamad »

mianazeem wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm I landed and departed from Sialkot Airport in November of 2016 and in no way it looked like an international airport. Arrival lounge had wires hanging through the roof and Departure lounge was so small that many of the passengers couldn't find a place to sit and it felt cramped with a foul smell. They could have spend more money and build spacious lounges to cater for present and future.
Air bridges were not ready at that time so had to climb the stairs to the plane with my wife and two young kids. Had to request somebody to get our carry on luggage up to the plane. I heard from a good friend who is a manager with a foreign airline and currently stationed in Sialkot that the board of directors were trying to run the airport like a factory. Firing and hiring cheap staff was a routine.
I think they should concentrate first on running the airport efficiently instead of getting into new ventures.
I have to disagree concerning the latest Condition of the airport although you are right concerning the period the constructions were undergoing.
I habe travelled 2 weeks ago from SKT to MED via BAH and have travelled at least the 5th time from SKT. They have improved a lot and the new Departure Lounge in the upper floor as well as the Air Bridges are great! It took me not more than 30 Mins to reach the Departure Lounge as everything went smoothly. So regarding the current Condition of the Airport I have to say it is on International Level.
alimirfin
Registered Member

Post by alimirfin »

During my last trip via SKt a couple of years ago, I found that two passengers were smoking in the waiting lounge and nobody noticed except one east asian was shocked what going on. :D
mianazeem
Registered Member

Post by mianazeem »

[quote=Hamad post_id=182477 time=1509099106 user_id=636]
[quote=mianazeem post_id=182368 time=1508444236 user_id=672]
I landed and departed from Sialkot Airport in November of 2016 and in no way it looked like an international airport. Arrival lounge had wires hanging through the roof and Departure lounge was so small that many of the passengers couldn't find a place to sit and it felt cramped with a foul smell. They could have spend more money and build spacious lounges to cater for present and future.
[/quote]

I have to disagree concerning the latest Condition of the airport although you are right concerning the period the constructions were undergoing.
I habe travelled 2 weeks ago from SKT to MED via BAH and have travelled at least the 5th time from SKT. They have improved a lot and the new Departure Lounge in the upper floor as well as the Air Bridges are great! It took me not more than 30 Mins to reach the Departure Lounge as everything went smoothly. So regarding the current Condition of the Airport I have to say it is on International Level.
[/quote]

Thanks for the update. I hope it has improved by now. Will update in couple of months as I will be flying again in January from Sialkot.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Air Sial to be Operational by Next Year

SIALKOT:
Chairman Air Sial, Fazal Jilani has said that Air Sial will be operational in the middle of next year. The purpose of launching of an airline project was to serve the people of the country by ensuring provision of quality aviation facilities amidst deteriorating status of aviation industry of Pakistan, he said.

Talking to Business Recorder on Wednesday he said that airline will start its operations from Karachi on different domestic routes. Answering a question, he said that initially the airline will start its flights operation with three planes and later on more planes would be added in the fleet.

About the domestic flight routes he said that flights would be operated from Karachi to Islamabad, Sialkot, Lahore and Skardu etc. and after analysing the success of the operation the network of flights would be expanded to more destinations.

Source: Business Recorder (November 2, 2017)

See you at:
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Re: Sialkot Tycoons To Set Up Airline

Post by Pakistan-1 »

What’s the point of having an airline named after Sialkot if it’s going to be based in Karachi? And why is Karachi the only Hub that is used as a home base in Pakistan ?
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

* Air Sial flight operations expected to start by June 2018 initially with three Airbus A320 family aircraft.

* Initially, each investor was asked to pitch in with Rs5 lakh to complete the first step – registering Air Sial with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP). A complication arose, as in one company the SECP only allows a maximum of 25 directors. Until then, 110 were already on board. So, these 110 were dubbed as ‘promoter directors’, which were to decide among themselves which 25 would be registered with the SECP.

* A community-based project, it has 200 directors, each investing Rs10 million to make it a neat Rs2 billion.

Info Source: Profit

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to an article about Air Sial in a local magazine:
  • Pakistan CAA has issued licence to Air Sial to operate flights.
  • Air Sial has set up its head office in Sialkot and operations office in Karachi.
  • Syed Nasir Ali has been appointed as Managing Director Air Sial.
  • Air Sial Director Flight Operations (DFO) also has been appointed to hire crew.
  • Air Sial has plan to get initially three Airbus A320 family aircraft on dry lease.
  • Air Sial will launch its operations in June 2018.
  • Air Sial initial domestic flights will be operated on sectors including:
    • Karachi-Sialkot
    • Karachi-Islamabad
    • Karachi-Lahore
    • Karachi-Multan
    • Islamabad-Skardu
  • Air Sial will operate international flights three years after operating domestic flights.
  • Air Sial plans to operate flights for North America within ten years.
  • Air Sial management includes:
    • Chairman Fazal Jilani
    • Senior Vice Chairman Qaiser Riaz
    • Vice Chairman Omar Mir
    • CEO Ameen Ahsan
    • MD Syed Nasir Ali
    • 200 directors (each made contribution of ten million rupees for the airline)
  • Air Sial aims to start earning profit and pay dividend to investors four to five years after the start of operations.
Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Air Sial aiming to start flight operations this year.

Advertisement in a local magazine.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Air Sial Head Office building in Sialkot?

Abbas

See you at: