British Airways Planning to Start Flights for Lahore

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.

ba260
Registered Member

Re: British Airways Planning to Start Flights for Lahore

Post by ba260 »

I was really hoping a return of Lufthansa to Pakistan more than Virgin. I hope loads and yields do well for VS and BA, though be interesting to see who else jumps aboard to Pakistan.

Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

I was really hoping a return of Lufthansa to Pakistan more than Virgin. I hope loads and yields do well for VS and BA, though be interesting to see who else jumps aboard to Pakistan.
Pakistant o UK traffic is far greater then Pakistan and any other European country. With Pakistan UK flights you do not have to rely on 5th freedom rights and want to carry people onwards to different cities, as end to end traffic is good.

Plus with the closing of PIA the vacum for direct flights is great and hopefully these airlines will do a good job.
P.I.A

God's International Airline

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

British High Commissioner in Pakistan Christian Turner in an interview said that there are probably two factors in the very good news of British Airways both expanding its Islamabad route to daily and now starting four times a week in Lahore.

The first factor is obviously global aviation market very, very, hard hit by corona virus, flights not flying, people not traveling. So, they are looking for where the market is.

The second factor is the very strong people to people ties between the UK and Pakistan. About a million and a half of British people of Pakistani heritage are in the UK. They would be about three percent of the UK population in a few years. Around four hundred thousand people fly back forth every year between the UK and Pakistan and British Airways has seen that and thought we want a share of that market.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:

PIA-777
Registered Member

Post by PIA-777 »

ba260 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:52 am With BA and VS both at Lahore, one of them will have to get booted, it will probably be VS just due to the timings of the flight doesn't meet any North American connections on the return. Be interesting how things shake up when PIA can actually return back to Europe & UK.
I thought the same and wondered if they had thought about US connections, but today I was checking some award bookings on Delta from Atlanta to Lahore in May 2021 and it seems like VS has adjusted timings in 2021 from April onwards. Screenshot attached

Edit: sorry i couldn't attach screenshot but the flight timings in May are

London (LHR) to Lahore (LHE) — Thu, May 13
Virgin Atlantic 364
Dep: 9:20 am
Arr: 8:50 pm
Duration: 7h 30m
Boeing 787-9

Lahore (LHE) to London (LHR) — Sat, May 22
Virgin Atlantic 365
Dep: 3:35 am
Arr: 8:10 am
Duration: 8h 35m
Boeing 787-9
Last edited by PIA-777 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

perhaps maybe if B787-8 always full seats daily to LHE / ISB then why not upgrade to A380 or 744 or 35K or 77W 78X? how did last time PIA 747 always full seats every time same 777 always full seats but disappointed sad unfortunately PIA no longer fly to LHR / MAN / BHX I pray for PIA back flight to UK soon after 31 Dec 2020