PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.


User avatar
Abbas Ali
Site Admin
Posts: 36015
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: Pakistan

PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by Abbas Ali » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:02 pm

According to news sources, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan arrived in New York from Saudi Arabia on an aircraft provided by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi aircraft on its way to USA was refueled in Paris, according to some news sources.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Image


User avatar
Abbas Ali
Site Admin
Posts: 36015
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: Pakistan

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by Abbas Ali » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 pm

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan arrived in New York on a Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Boeing 737 Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) registration HZ-MF2.

Image

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Image

TAILWIND
Registered Member
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:52 am

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by TAILWIND » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 pm

What a shame, now we have started begging for planes too. Why couldn't PM use PAF Gulfstreams?

fahadshakeel
Registered Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 am
Location: Florida

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by fahadshakeel » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 am

Wt the hell? Why saudi?
Going through a commercial flight was even better than this if they dont wanna use PAF plane.
Wat a shame that Khan with gang is flying on Arabs planes who are already stabbing us on the back

ammad
Registered Member
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: San Francisco. C.A.

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by ammad » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:21 am

TAILWIND wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 pm
What a shame, now we have started begging for planes too. Why couldn't PM use PAF Gulfstreams?
Rightly said. At one point he was saying he will be using commercial flights, and now he is borrowing Aircraft. Nothing comes free, he have to pay back to saudis via some other means. This is foreign relations 101.
Fortune favours brave.

SM
Registered Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:49 am

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by SM » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:20 am

TAILWIND wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 pm
What a shame, now we have started begging for planes too. Why couldn't PM use PAF Gulfstreams?
Maybe the PAF Gulfstream pilots find the JFK airspace/ATC too complicated to navigate? However, if that was the case, they could always borrow someone from PIA who has flown into JFK hundreds of times. I say this because from YouTube ATC videos, it seems that JFK ATC and New York TRACON are often rude with foreign crew who are unfamiliar with their airspace. Having said this, Imran Khan is a known douchebag and borrowing an old Saudi BBJ to plead "Kashmir's case at the UN" is one hell of a start towards that effort.
Last edited by SM on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
SM

TAILWIND
Registered Member
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:52 am

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by TAILWIND » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:27 am

SM wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:20 am
TAILWIND wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 pm
What a shame, now we have started begging for planes too. Why couldn't PM use PAF Gulfstreams?
Maybe the PAF Gulfstream pilots find the JFK airspace/ATC too complicated to navigate? However, if that was the case, they could always borrow someone from PIA who has flown into JFK hundreds of times. I know from YouTube ATC videos that JFK ATC and New York TRACON are often rude with foreign crew who are unfamiliar with their airspace.
Military pilots are as good in flights to intl destinations as their commercial counterparts. PAF VVIP and C-130 pilots routinely fly to US, so no big deal.

SM
Registered Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:49 am

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by SM » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:30 am

TAILWIND wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:27 am
SM wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:20 am
TAILWIND wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 pm
What a shame, now we have started begging for planes too. Why couldn't PM use PAF Gulfstreams?
Maybe the PAF Gulfstream pilots find the JFK airspace/ATC too complicated to navigate? However, if that was the case, they could always borrow someone from PIA who has flown into JFK hundreds of times. I know from YouTube ATC videos that JFK ATC and New York TRACON are often rude with foreign crew who are unfamiliar with their airspace.
Military pilots are as good in flights to intl destinations as their commercial counterparts. PAF VVIP and C-130 pilots routinely fly to US, so no big deal.
I concur. Imran Khan is still a douchebag and its him (not the PAF) who's going to great lengths to earn a bad name for Pakistan everywhere.
SM

User avatar
jam2k94
Registered Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:55 pm
Location: Kuwait

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by jam2k94 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 am

Sorry to say but he had not borrowed the plane from Saudi. As per plan PM was ready to take the schedule flight when the prince Muhammad bin Suleman offered and insisted to take his plane. Hopefully on back to Pakistan trip PM will be on schedule flight. He and his delegation is going to stay in PIA's hotel to save money not as before when whole 777 is booked and 5 star expensive hotels were booked for such trips.
Jamshed Ahmad

SM
Registered Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:49 am

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by SM » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 pm

jam2k94 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 am
Sorry to say but he had not borrowed the plane from Saudi. As per plan PM was ready to take the schedule flight when the prince Muhammad bin Suleman offered and insisted to take his plane. Hopefully on back to Pakistan trip PM will be on schedule flight. He and his delegation is going to stay in PIA's hotel to save money not as before when whole 777 is booked and 5 star expensive hotels were booked for such trips.
Still doesn't change the fact that it casts a poor impression as a result of unnecessary diplomatic baggage. I am happy if he takes the 777 10 times and stays a hundred nights in a 5 star hotel but stops unleashing his onslaught on farmers and the economy as a whole. He's responsible for destroying China-Pakistan relations, surrendering occupied Kashmir, and jeopardizing the status of Pakistan's Northern Areas and Azad Kashmir. He's a trojan horse that's invisible to most.

Image

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse
SM

Abdulrafeysiddiqui
Registered Member
Posts: 458
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:43 pm
Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by Abdulrafeysiddiqui » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Like how the HELL on Earth do you guys know he borrowed plane from Saudi Arabia? Did he told you guys before? Can we even show a little, very tiny bit of responsibility?

User avatar
Abbas Ali
Site Admin
Posts: 36015
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: Pakistan

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by Abbas Ali » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:54 pm

The photo on Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) website (app.com.pk) has been edited to remove aircraft registration and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia markings on fuselage & tail logo from Boeing 737 Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) aircraft registration HZ-MF2 that transported Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan from Saudi Arabia to USA. APP is Pakistan's state-owned news agency.

Image

Image

Photo of the actual aircraft on landing approach to John F. Kennedy International Airport - New York.

ImageSaudi Arabia 737-700 HZ-MF2 by Ryan Schmelzer, on Flickr

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Image

amjid84
Registered Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:14 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by amjid84 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:05 am

SM wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 pm
jam2k94 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 am
Sorry to say but he had not borrowed the plane from Saudi. As per plan PM was ready to take the schedule flight when the prince Muhammad bin Suleman offered and insisted to take his plane. Hopefully on back to Pakistan trip PM will be on schedule flight. He and his delegation is going to stay in PIA's hotel to save money not as before when whole 777 is booked and 5 star expensive hotels were booked for such trips.
Still doesn't change the fact that it casts a poor impression as a result of unnecessary diplomatic baggage. I am happy if he takes the 777 10 times and stays a hundred nights in a 5 star hotel but stops unleashing his onslaught on farmers and the economy as a whole. He's responsible for destroying China-Pakistan relations, surrendering occupied Kashmir, and jeopardizing the status of Pakistan's Northern Areas and Azad Kashmir. He's a trojan horse that's invisible to most.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_Horse
This is becoming political - I thought this Forum was one of Aviation, not politics. IK perhaps should have used a commercial flight, but if he was in KSA and the King insisted on using such aircraft (for no cost), I for one would take it. Its all about diplomacy.

On the political front - IK has done more in the 1 year that he's been in Govt then what PPP & PML(N) have done in their 30+ year reign. PAK is improving, ever so slowly and its good to see Tourism growing and the security situation improving.

Pak-China relations are still strong; Kashmir is best solve through diplomacy (not war) and the northern areas are seeing many foreign tourist who would never have dreamed of coming to Pak until recently. Proof in the pudding that Pak is on the path of improvement is the resumption of BA flights to ISB and International Cricket back in Pakistan!

User avatar
jam2k94
Registered Member
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:55 pm
Location: Kuwait

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by jam2k94 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:12 am

یہ بلکل ایسے ہی ہے جیسے پنجابی میں کہاوت ہے کہ
تو آٹا گوندی ہیلدی کیوں اے

There are many threads where many of us criticize the previous Govt for use of PIA aircrafts whereas the VVIP fleet was available. Here the case is that he want to save tax money and we again have problem.
Jamshed Ahmad

TAILWIND
Registered Member
Posts: 1820
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:52 am

Re: PM Khan Arrives in New York on a Saudi VIP Aircraft

Post by TAILWIND » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:41 am

jam2k94 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 am
Sorry to say but he had not borrowed the plane from Saudi. As per plan PM was ready to take the schedule flight when the prince Muhammad bin Suleman offered and insisted to take his plane. Hopefully on back to Pakistan trip PM will be on schedule flight. He and his delegation is going to stay in PIA's hotel to save money not as before when whole 777 is booked and 5 star expensive hotels were booked for such trips.
'جہاز نکالو، صاحب نو امریکہ چھڈ آو "
I doubt this was a last minute courtesy offer by MBS to IK. An unscheduled inter continental flight requires lot of planning. Overflight clearances from a dozen countries, landing slot etc etc.