Jinnah International: OPKC Karachi progress

Share info about flight simulation related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
bilookhan
Registered Member

Re: Jinnah International: OPKC karachi progress

Post by bilookhan »

excellent work sarmad.

I can understand if people start to think that ur almost done. From my experience fine tuning takes most of the time. So take your time :)

Also are you re-doing the whole airport from scratch. I thought from previous pictures you already had created the main airport structures??

Finally are you going to include taxi lights ???

Also for night textures, i noticed in real time pictures the whole airport seem very yellowish. Instead of using light effects to lighten up the airport (which also eats up FPS), i suggest re-painting ground textures slightly from Photoshop (Ground textures that are near the airport buildings or around the lamps), just like flytampa.

What i am doing for my airport is that I add a layer on top of my picture. On the layer, add black colour to whole picture then using white-yellowish shade spray some of that colour over your black picture. Try doing it few more times with slight change in shade of colour. It looks so cool by doing that.....
shoaibmalik21
Registered Member

Post by shoaibmalik21 »

sarmad,

nice to see that your scenery is comming high detailed, and also nice to see that you are using FS2002 gamepack to create your ground polygons, which is the best way to create them...... best of luck for your remaining work.

aim also doing the same work and i want to post pics after i have almost finished it. So updates of my OTBD will soon post as i will half finished it, currently aim designing taxilines and apron and some buildings.

bilal
AB Sceneries - The world of flight sim
facebook - bilal.desio
shoaibmalik21@yahoo.it
msarmadk
Registered Member

Post by msarmadk »

Thanks for the suggestion "bilookhan"

I am doing exactly what u mentioned here and it does look pretty cool when done that way.

and good luck with your OTBD scenery "shoaibmalik21"

Thanks for the compliments and suggestion guys!
msarmadk
Registered Member

Post by msarmadk »

Yes, most of this is done from scratch and i have included the taxi lights too. I dont think that BGL lights eat up that much of Frames but modified effect files can do that. For example FSDT's effects are frame eaters.
3hs4n1
Registered Member

Post by 3hs4n1 »

Great to see those airport progress pics again
msarmadk
Registered Member

Post by msarmadk »

A few in-game previews:

Jinnah terminal:

Just another feature I added (don't worry abt the purple ground, its due to my old graphics card) :

the runway lights will be assigned to turn on during the day to one of the NAV2 or COM2 frequencies!
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

very detailed scenery

so whose gona be beta tester for this scenery, did you finalised a list yet?
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
msarmadk
Registered Member

Post by msarmadk »

Not yet... A lot of things to take care of nowadays!
3hs4n1
Registered Member

Post by 3hs4n1 »

Wow great airport updated shots! I cant wait till it comes out and again if its payware, I'll buy it because its my home airport!Think somebody real trustful for beta testing.
3hs4n1
Registered Member

Post by 3hs4n1 »

Oh yeah and another thing is that the Jinnah terminal (international) is kind of white-ish ground where the aircraft are parked , so i was thinking about adding that to the scenery.
Rehmatab
Registered Member

Post by Rehmatab »

Salam sarmad how are you???
well great work hope it will out soon. I can help you for testing it hehehehehhehehehehehe.

Well from pics its really looking great but something i wanna tell you. The remote parking where MD80s are parked is only of small turbo-prob aircrafts like ATR and fokker. hope you will do something for this.
msarmadk
Registered Member

Post by msarmadk »

Thanks for the comments guys.
Oh yeah and another thing is that the Jinnah terminal (international) is kind of white-ish ground where the aircraft are parked , so i was thinking about adding that to the scenery.
I've done that but I think that this color fits the scenery better as it looks good during the day but i will add extra textures if u like.
Well from pics its really looking great but something i wanna tell you. The remote parking where MD80s are parked is only of small turbo-prob aircrafts like ATR and fokker. hope you will do something for this.
I haven't worked on the afcad yet and the aircraft radius allotted to the spot is quite huge that is why the aircrafts like this are parked here, wont be happening in the final version.
3hs4n1
Registered Member

Post by 3hs4n1 »

I see Sarmad.I will be happy to have extra textures if you can't its all right, just do it when you feel like it because you don't have to :D .Good luck on the project future features and stuff.
msarmadk
Registered Member

Post by msarmadk »

A couple of shots from the inside the sim!

Details in development!
shoaibmalik21
Registered Member

Post by shoaibmalik21 »

nice sarmad,

thats wonderfull progress sarmad, and keep going it will come a wonderfull scenery and if you want or need any help you can contact me whenever you want.

good luck
AB Sceneries - The world of flight sim
facebook - bilal.desio
shoaibmalik21@yahoo.it