Trouble at Shaheen Air

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
bluesky
Registered Member

Trouble at Shaheen Air

Post by bluesky »

Shaheen air is finding difficulties maintaining its fleet 2x a330 are in Turkey and the other has suffered bird hit at Jeddah damaging its engine fan blades.

Is of poor management or SEAMS is below standard?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: trouble at Shaheen air

Post by Abbas Ali »

Shaheen Air Airbus A330-301 fleet:

AP-BKL in Turkey for maintenance checks?
AP-BKM stranded in Jeddah due to bird hit?
AP-BKN in Turkey for maintenance checks?

AP-BKM performed Lahore to Jeddah flight NL-717 on January 11.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ap-bkm

AP-BKN seen at Istanbul Atatürk Airport, Turkey, on November 24, 2014.

AP-BKN by Ian Macadam, on Flickr

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Rana
Registered Member

Re: Trouble at Shaheen Air

Post by Rana »

bluesky wrote:Is of poor management or SEAMS is below standard?
I think there are both))) Let us know a single airline in Pakistan without these issue ?
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Rana wrote:
I think there are both))) Let us know a single airline in Pakistan without these issue ?
I think only Airblue remains with bit good management and better fleet.
bluesky
Registered Member

Post by bluesky »

Wonder where they will stand after 5 yrs. Poor management NL has a below average team noe I guess with a really non professional DMD I am told can anyone shed some light on this?

2 737s are also in turkey for C checks
hasan saleem
Registered Member

Post by hasan saleem »

The two 330 are on scheduled check which were due after hajj operation. shaheen getting a 767 on wet lease as a backup which is due on the 14th
Last edited by hasan saleem on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluesky
Registered Member

Post by bluesky »

They should have gotten this 767 by 15th December 2014 now they are getting it on 15th Jan and it will start operating flts from 20th Jan whereas there a330 from turkey is arriving on 14th Feb they will have 2 a330s by that time therefore this 767 will be a waste of money now.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Shaheen Air Lahore to Jeddah flight NL-717 today is suffering long delay due to unavailability of aircraft, according to City42 news channel.

The delay is causing inconvenience to more than 300 passengers.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
bluesky
Registered Member

Post by bluesky »

Shaheen is facing problems due shortage of aircrafts all poor management shows its an inexperienced management sons of Khalid sehbai are no where near to their father who did an explendid job in bringing shaheen air from 732- 330s.

Aviation community should praise Khalid sb for his efforts and his dedication and excellence towards aviation industry.
mac777
Registered Member

Post by mac777 »

i dont see the link between shaheen's "poor maintenance" and scheduled heavy checks.
i dont think they have planned flights with those 2 A330 knowing well that they will in the hangar for a few weeks.
in fact all 3 A333 are now over 20yr!they may need to be returned to lessor in a few yrs
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

This is a PLANNING department issue . "mac" is right good or poor maintenance is not matter in this A330 case . To organize A "C check " is not easy , there are to many issues , MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul) organization should find hanger slot for check, spare parts , technical staff etc.
Dry Leasing of aircraft is a big problem for any Pakistani operators due to maintenance. Leasing company wont give them because when they are getting back after lease agreement , they are getting shock to find a different Plane ))) and getting problem to find next operator for that plane . Wet lease no problem or an EASA, BDCA, FAA approved can solve this problem but it is not so easy to organize it .
bluesky
Registered Member

Post by bluesky »

Daily delays over 12 hours are being faced and annoying pax at various airports
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

bluesky wrote:Daily delays over 12 hours are being faced and annoying pax at various airports
I think this is the duty of CAA Pakistan to notice it and suspend or cancel their license as a operator or heavy fine.
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

AbdulAziz wrote:
Rana wrote:
I think only Airblue remains with bit good management and better fleet.

FIRST , THEY ARE GOING VERY VERY SLOW
1)Air Blue returned ATR 72 shortest lease ever. =D> Good management
2) JUST ONLY FOUR airplane IN FLEET (soon will 3) :lol: and other on wet lease .
3) Just for 4 to 5 transit and 2 daily check at Lahore line station they have in every shift 2 certified engineer 2-3 LWTR and SVEN :smack: Junier technician (too much). Batter to feed good certified staff and reduced these students and retired from other airlines who do,nt have even proper aviation diploma or education . It means "AIK ANNAR 100 BIMAR "
4) Permanently lost of baggage , specially transit passengers, two time my friend traveled by AIR BLUE , came to Pak just for 10 days, BOTH TIME airline left his baggage in Dubai and got after 5-6 days YOU SAY THIS IS GOOD MANAGMENT and SERVICE?
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

I was at LHE on the 14th and had never seen soo many passengers sitting around in their ihrams and sleeping on airport benches, they however were being fed breakfast and looked after though