Shaheen Air incident at Lahore Airport (30 Dec 2014)

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Shahab
Registered Member

Re: Shaheen Air incident at Lahore Airport (30 Dec 2014)

Post by Shahab »

@Tailwind, many thanks for your informative posts.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

Coming back to topic, any update about the eventful Juliet November, whats the exact location it is moved to after removal, any picture(s)?
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Going Back to topic) . Please tell anyone, is it correct ?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Damaged Shaheen Air Boeing 737-4H6 registration AP-BJN seen parked at Allama Iqbal International Air Port (AIIAP) - Lahore on January 12, 2015. The other aircraft is PIA Boeing 777-240ER registration AP-BGK.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AbdulAziz
Registered Member

Post by AbdulAziz »

Why they parked it there blocking parking space for active passenger ACs , they could tow it to old heavy AC parking on opposite side of the AIIAP terminal.
Same thing happened when ATR skid happened they have brought it to active parking and BHJ was resting there more than a year then shifted to old terminal side.

A.Aziz
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ Probably at the time of aircraft recovery/removal from accident site it was decided to park it on nearest & easier available parking bay instead of towing the crippled aircraft to a distant parking bay.

Shaheen Air must be paying parking bay charges to CAA.

Abbas

See you at:
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Abbas Ali wrote:^
Shaheen Air must be paying parking bay charges to CAA.

Abbas
They should pay not only for parking in this case, hole 2-3 days loss to CAA and other airlines witch canceled flight and shifted passengers to hotel. They crossed the limit and showed them self IRRESPONSIBLE .
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Who can be held responsible for damages/accidents suffered by airliners due to bird hit(s)?

Abbas

See you at:
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

Abbas Ali wrote:Who can be held responsible for damages/accidents suffered by airliners due to bird hit(s)?

Abbas
I think Insurance company but insurance company will see all the incident very deeply , action of crew etc . In this case totally lake of crew skill such incidents. We all know that incidents can occur any time any where but I have discus here about the action of company after it . They could not remove plane 2 days , airport operation was suspended , other operators, passengers suffered with their IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVE.
GEnx
Registered Member

Post by GEnx »

Who's responsible for the timely removal of aircraft from the site.? Don't you this think that its CAA's responsibility? Its horrible to know that CAA has no such equipment for aircraft removal. They are earning money and alot of money from airlines and passengers. Can't they afford this? They are taking money from the airline using their runways, but they have no equipment to clear their runway, if that plane skids off. Is that airline's responsibility? If airline is responsible for everything, then fire tenders and ambulances were also been airline's responsibilities :mrgreen:
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

Rana wrote: I think Insurance company but insurance company will see all the incident very deeply , action of crew etc . In this case totally lake of crew skill such incidents. We all know that incidents can occur any time any where but I have discus here about the action of company after it . They could not remove plane 2 days , airport operation was suspended , other operators, passengers suffered with their IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVE.
Insurance company :-s :shock: What insurance company has to do with such incident???
Abbas Ali wrote:Who can be held responsible for damages/accidents suffered by airliners due to bird hit(s)?

Abbas
I think its CAA's as well as Airport's own responsibility because CAA can install bird distress signals or other equipment like this, and can impose airports or can itself install bird prevention techniques, wildlife authorities should also be pushed forward in this matter, they can help in changing the habitat of birds, airport authority can ensure the removal of food wastes around the field ... All these checks/measures should be imposed by CAA ... So I think CAA and Airport Authority ...
btw in USA FAA is responsible for bird hits...
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

furqan_haider wrote:
Rana wrote: I think Insurance company but insurance company will see all the incident very deeply , action of crew etc . In this case totally lake of crew skill such incidents. We all know that incidents can occur any time any where but I have discus here about the action of company after it . They could not remove plane 2 days , airport operation was suspended , other operators, passengers suffered with their IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVE.
Insurance company :-s :shock: What insurance company has to do with such incident???

Abbas
I think its CAA's as well as Airport's own responsibility because CAA can install bird distress signals or other equipment like this, and can impose airports or can itself install bird prevention techniques, wildlife authorities should also be pushed forward in this matter, they can help in changing the habitat of birds, airport authority can ensure the removal of food wastes around the field ... All these checks/measures should be imposed by CAA ... So I think CAA and Airport Authority ...
Are your sure that bird strike happened during landing? It Seams during take off .
Last edited by Rana on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
furqan_haider
Registered Member

Post by furqan_haider »

Rana wrote:
furqan_haider wrote:
Rana wrote: Are your sure that bird strike happened during landing? It Seams during take off .
Is there any difference between Bird Strike during landing or take-off? both can be fatal so the main problem is to control them ... And in above reply I wrote in general context...
Rana
Registered Member

Post by Rana »

furqan_haider wrote:

Abbas
Just aske to shaheen air or go to that plane witch got accident there is a file with plane documents in cockpit this insurance is there . without it plane cannot operate " it is international law " u will find the name there also . RECOMMEND YOU TO READ CAREFULLY ask anybody if you have poor knowledge
A310
Registered Member

Post by A310 »

Rana wrote: Just aske to shaheen air or go to that plane witch got accident there is a file with plane documents in cockpit this insurance is there . without it plane cannot operate " it is international law " u will find the name there also . RECOMMEND YOU TO READ CAREFULLY ask anybody if you have poor knowledge
What else did he do? He asked you what the insurance company has to do with the incident. Perhaps you should read carefully.