Ebola threat

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
bluesky
Registered Member

Ebola threat

Post by bluesky »

I think regulatory PCAA should consider telling airlines to take measures like asking CABIN CREW to wear gloves during flights
Dr747
Registered Member

Re: Ebola threat

Post by Dr747 »

bluesky wrote:I think regulatory PCAA should consider telling airlines to take measures like asking CABIN CREW to wear gloves during flights
And what will achieve by wearing gloves?
bluesky
Registered Member

Post by bluesky »

Dr747 wrote:
bluesky wrote:I think regulatory PCAA should consider telling airlines to take measures like asking CABIN CREW to wear gloves during flights
And what will achieve by wearing gloves?[/quote
Reducing the risk of human-to-human transmission from direct or close contact with people with Ebola symptoms, particularly with their bodily fluids. Gloves and appropriate personal protective equipment should be worn when taking care of ill patients at home. Regular hand washing is required after visiting patients in hospital, as well as after taking care of patients at home.
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

bluesky wrote:
Dr747 wrote:
And what will achieve by wearing gloves?[/quote
Reducing the risk of human-to-human transmission from direct or close contact with people with Ebola symptoms, particularly with their bodily fluids. Gloves and appropriate personal protective equipment should be worn when taking care of ill patients at home. Regular hand washing is required after visiting patients in hospital, as well as after taking care of patients at home.
Trust me just gloves do not make any difference. You need A LOT more than that. Along with negatively pressured rooms and all the gloving gowning etc involves 2 trained medical professionals and that need changing after EACH contact. On average it takes over 10 minutes to put these things on and getting checked. I am off work for next two days but can get pictures of our clothing/gloving protocol after the weekend if you guys want that is supposed to be used for ebola.
Normal gloves do not prevent even simple infection, unless changed after every contact and accompany hand washing.
Ebola is an infection that has its own league...
Dr747
Registered Member

Post by Dr747 »

This is a training video for the PPE for potential Ebola exposure. As you can see, a single pair of glove is of no use. Also the PPE changes between patients takes a considerable time.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

October 28, 2014 - Scanner installed to identify Ebola virus at Benazir Bhutto International Air Port (BBIAP) - Islamabad. World Health Organization (WHO) warned on Thursday that Ebola virus might spread to Pakistan sooner or later.

Source: ummat.net

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: