Pakistan AWACS

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Pakistan AWACS

Post by Charliedelta11 »

Does anyone know what our AWACS inventory is currently like? I know that one of the SAAB's was destroyed during the Kamra attack and 2 were 'badly' damaged. Do we know what their status is at this time? Were they fixed and brough back to service?

And what other AWAC systems are currently in place besides the SAAB?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Pakistan AWACS

Post by Abbas Ali »

PAF also has Chinese-built ZDK-03 Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) aircraft in its inventory.

PAF had plan to induct four ZDK-03 aircraft.

Here's photo of ZDK-03 serial number 13-003 in PAF 2014 wall calendar.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Post by Vaqar Khan »

I am not aware as to how many of the remaining SAAB Erieye AWACS are operational, but I believe Pakistan also has four Chinese built Shaanxi ZDK-03 AWACS in service/on order as well.
H Khan
Registered Member

Post by H Khan »

One Erieye was destroyed beyond repair plus one of them sustained damage to nosecone and the one got hit with RPG shrapnel.

Saab signed a $170 million contract with an undisclosed customer for repair and maintenance of Saab Erieye. Initially it was thought that KSA bought one Erieye but after a little research KSA never bought a Saab 2000 Erieye.

The most likely customer is PAF, and the information received so far is that fifth Saab 2000 which was used as a trainer and for liaison duties will be converted into an Saab Erieye.

These terrorists have hit PAF and PN strongly causing millions of dollars in damages. CAA radar facility at Pasni was attacked recently. My personal view is that after PNS Mehran attack which caused two $200 million P-3 Orions were gutted and this attack on PAF Minhas at Kamra caused damages worth $300 million both the PN CNS and PAF CAS should have been fired for displaying utter incompetency.

Presently three or four PAF airmen are going through court martial for not fighting against these TTP terrorist when they attacked PAF Minhas. The terrorist were armed to their teeth with each carrying one launcher and five rockets of RPG-7 and each had close to 200 rounds of assault rifle ammo. These airmen were given 20 round each of G3 ammo. The poor Lt who was an Orion pilot who was responsible of security during PNS Mehran attack died while trying either to reload or fix the jam on his HK MP-5.

Perimeter Mitigation and Preparedness is not some airmen or pilots responsibilities. This is a subject of critical importance and some type of SPD security force should be deployed to protect and defend these bases where they millions of $$$ of assets stored.
bravo45
Registered Member

Post by bravo45 »

I sincerely believe some higher officials in the military should have been executed for treason or incompetence. Boils ones blood just thinking about the brave souls trying to fight them with what they had VS what they were up against.