Retired employees of PIA and Life Certificate

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
panpan
Registered Member

Retired employees of PIA and Life Certificate

Post by panpan »

I wish the readers of this topic good health and prosperity.

I wondered if someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

My father served PIA for 40 years and is now in his mid 70's. He resides with me in the UK and has been visiting Pakistan on occasions. Upon his return this time, he asked me to e mail a scan copy of a "Life Certificate". This is something new which PIA has decided to introduce. Basically, it’s a form he has been asked to submit on monthly basis to an Accounts Officer to inform him that he is still alive. Failing to submit this form would result in the suspension of his pension.

Without going too much into details, I consider this practice derogatory and disrespectful in the interest of our elders especially the ones who spent a significant part of their life serving the airlines. I wish to write to someone who is a decision maker in this respect and wish to get this modus operandi to cease and suggest a rather respectful method of Airline writing to the employee every quarter or mid-year (as an example). Perhaps the readers could suggest an alternative which would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
irfanjaffry
Registered Member

Re: Retired employees of PIA and Life Certificate

Post by irfanjaffry »

Will be a fruitless exercise. My father goes through the same procedure. Despite living close to the airport and able to follow this issue up for quite some time, he eventually gave up. Now he happily goes time to time to inform the officer that he is still there. He finally started to see the funny side of it =D>
rayyanullah
Registered Member

Re: Retired employees of PIA and Life Certificate

Post by rayyanullah »

Panpan if your Dad was a pilot then PALPA , if an engineer SAEP , if officer grade SASA , have programs that help in this. Then there are a couple of associations for retired employees like SOFPO that assist too.
The best bet for your Dad is to contact a retired colleague who will guide him.